tinamoss104

Not Your Mother's Author

Tina Moss is a writer of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and romantic suspense. She lives in NYC with a supportive husband and alpha corgi, though both males hog the bed and refuse to share the covers. When not writing, she enjoys reading, watching cheesy horror flicks, traveling, and karate. As a 5'1" Shotokan black belt, she firmly believes that fierce things come in small packages.

Healing the Hunter
K.C. Taylor
Daughter of Deception
Kara Thorpe
Winter Wonders (Anthology)
Alexandra Shostak, Anne Riley, Heather McCorkle, Christine Fonseca, Connie Keller, Elle Strauss, Harley May, Jamey Stegmaier, Jen Stayrook, Jodi Burrus, Judith Graves, Karen Amanda Hooper, Krissi Dallas, Mercedes Yardley, Natalie Cone, Regan Leigh, T.S. Tate, Yelena Casa
A Shot in the Dark
K.A. Stewart
Insurgent - Veronica Roth Rating: 4.5

I kept going back and forth over 4 or 5 stars, so I'm splitting it down the middle. I loved DIVERGENT. I had high expectations for INSURGENT, which is why I'm floundering on the rating. It is a phenomenal book, great adventure and intriguing ending. For better or worse, I hold Roth to a higher standard than other authors because she's set the bar that high for herself.

My main gripes was that it doesn't recap enough of what happened in DIVERGENT for a sequel. It had been some time since I read the first book and found myself a little lost with the second. The heroine, Tris, also seems to encounter situations that don't necessarily advance the plot, but put her in bad circumstances for the sake of action.

These two points, however, is me nit-picking. Overall, I found the book highly engaging. I read it on my commute to and from, and never wanted to put it down. Very excited for book 3.